Want to Decorate for Halloween? Here are a Few Ideas
If you are thinking of adding the Halloween spirit to your home, it doesn’t have to be difficult. There are various decoration ideas that you can try out. These ideas will ensure that you don’t go over the top and show that just a few touches will help you achieve your goals. Interior design Halloween decorations include both modern and traditional elements. These ideas are taking an entirely new approach and can suit every individual’s unique needs and mindset- from the minimalist perspective to extravagant.
You can create your Halloween vision by coming up with simple ideas such as colored lights, creepy cobwebs, as well as themed bowls, containers, and animals. You should also keep in mind that all interior decoration ideas do not have to be black or orange; you can include all colors since it helps add to a modern look. Here are just a few ideas.
Wooden decorations are awesome when decorating your home. If you are planning to utilize these decorations, pay close attention to the following decorations.
- Come up with a pumpkin lantern that speaks of spooky spirits. Carve your own or buy some. Setting these on, in front of, and around well-placed pallets can give them just the right amount of rustic charm.
- Utilizing pallets for signs will give your foyer and living room a spooky, yet homey, feel.
- Looking online for instructions for making your own cardboard and wooden coffins is always a fun and easy idea as well. It’s also a great way to spend some Halloween family time together.
For most individuals, the Halloween season comes with joy and excitement, and it is a good opportunity to let your uniqueness shine. The same applies to your home since you will need to put some freaky inner self in your spooky decoration.
Theme: Try including a theme that will describe your personal taste. Do you like the Gothic look such as vampires, warlocks, and witches? Do you enjoy the macabre such as zombies or the Grim Reaper? Or do you prefer something tamer such as smiling and goofy jack-o-lanterns?
Add Some Character to Your Pillows: Go to a second-hand shop or look online for a few Halloween themed couch pillows that you can tuck away in a closet corner when the season is over.
Vintage Interior Halloween Decorations
Not everyone is into vintage Halloween but for those who are, here are a few tips for “bringing back the past.”
- Masked Pumpkins: Instead of carving your pumpkins, try adding a vintage looking masquerade mask instead. They provide a creative look that will impress anyone.
- Warning Signs: These are the superstition warning signs that always create a good creepy feel in your house. Where did they originate from? Who decided we needed to be wary of such things as black cats, the #13, open umbrellas…and a ladder framing a doorway that must be walked under is always a good way to creep out your superstitious friends.
- Autumn Appetizers: Look online for easy to make recipes that have a bit of a creep factor. Sausage links made to look like fingers, a cake made to look like a cats litter box, and a fun fall chowder served in a cauldron with a bit of green food coloring are just a few examples of easy to make Halloween food.
Most of all…JUST HAVE FUN!