Composite Decking: Great for Winter
Winter is completely different to all other seasons. Although all seasons boast their very own unique characteristics, winter is by far the most unique, coming with the most well-known characteristics including but not limited to the cold weather. However, what is the best flooring for winter? We believe it to be composite decking, and today we are going to be explaining why…
Winter and deck surfaces
Winter affects things differently to other seasons, including outdoor flooring. Winter based conditions including but not limited to snow, ice, sleet and cold temperatures can have a negative effect of traditional wooden decking, and can leave wooden decking looking tired and worn, not to mention splitting, rotting and warped. Luckily for all wood is no longer the only material used to make decking, with a new decking products now available on the market for all to take advantage of – composite decking.
Composite decking is a new decking product that has gained a lot of popularity, made from plastic and wood mixed together using a binding agent. Composite decking is made from almost 100% recycled materials and therefore is not only better for winter for better for the environment too! Composite decking often looks exactly like wood decking, however boasts many more advantages!
Benefits of Composite Decking
Composite decking products tend to fair better than wood during winter for a number of reasons including but not limited to:
- Composite decking boards require minimal maintenance and are incredibly easy to look after, typically needing cleaning thoroughly once before winter and once after winter
- Composite decking is mainly used using recycled materials, making composite decking incredibly durable
- Composite decking is slip resistance, making it a lot safer than other outdoor flooring solutions during winter
- Composite decking doers not split or splinter making it much safer for children and pets. This is especially important in winter as sometimes snow can cover small splinters which can still cause harm
- Composite decking can be heated and bent into circular patterns allowing for homeowners to create even a whole host of appearances
It does not stop there either! Because composite decking is able to withstand even the harshest of winters it generally comes with incredibly long warranty, giving home owners the peace of mind, knowing that their flooring isn’t going to be damaged when the cold weather hits!
If you are now considering composite decking for outside your home we highly recommend that you go ahead and phone your local supplier/installed today – We are certain that you will not be disappointed!